February 18, 2009

Embroidery Block of the Month

I serendipitously came across a fun "Christmas Block Of the Month" courtesy of Gail Pan Designs. A link to her site can be found in the sidebar. Please let me know if you decide to follow along. There will be 9 blocks total which should leave enough time to finish the quilt by December. At least that's the general plan. Since I've already cut and sewed all the blocks, I'm off to a great start. I waited to see February's block, which says Merry, before deciding on a color scheme. The main embroidery colors are purple, violet, (two of my favorites!) red, and green. I know that purple and violet are not typical Christmas colors but....... I'm no typical girl. Hey that reminds me. They give discounts on three or more for skydiving. Any takers? Maybe they'll even let us use purple parachutes. It never hurts to ask. :-)

1 comment:

Lynn Cohen said...

Cute block, which looks more February than January to me, but who am I to say? Have fun with this, I look forward to your finished quilt in December.

Me jump out of a plane? I am not typical either, but that is not something I would do, too many other people already do it...I like to be different! LOL Not on your life babe! OY.
I hope you get your purple parachute.