August 10, 2008

A Time of Renewal


My summer break is quickly nearing an end. I have had a wonderful time. I must admit that I wish it would continue indefinitely. It's not that I don't enjoy my job; it's just that working full-time tends to interfere with my hobbies. :-) 

I have had time to visit with family and friends, work in the garden for hours, take a few tap dancing classes, try some new recipes, do a bit of sewing, enjoy nature, and take some peaceful naps. Each one of those things has been wonderfully refreshing! I have also had time to quiet my thoughts and think about my life. Time to focus on being spiritual, kind, and authentic. I am letting go of behaviors that no longer serve me, and gradually replacing them with healthier thoughts and actions. I am learning to love myself, just as I am. Fortunately, self-acceptance comes easier with age. I am putting the days of wishing I were someone else behind me. When those old thoughts creep up, I remind myself that I am exactly who I am meant to be at this moment in time. I look forward to continuing on this journey of self-acceptance and inner growth.

So…. if you catch me whimpering in the next few weeks about getting up at the crack of dawn, give me a little kick in the tush and remind me of how fortunate I am to have had this time of rest and renewal.

No comments: