October 25, 2008

"My Symphony"


"To live content with small means;

to seek elegance rather than luxury,
and refinement rather than fashion;
to be worthy, not respectable, and wealthy, not rich;
to study hard, think quietly, talk gently, act frankly;

to listen to stars and birds, to babes and sages,
with open heart;

to bear all cheerfully, do all bravely,
await occasions, hurry never.

In a word, to let the spiritual, unbidden and unconscious,
grow up through the common.
This is to be my symphony."
by William Henry Channing

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

Beautiful photo...yours?
And lovely, meaningful poem we can all do well to live by.

TerBear said...

Hi Lynn,

I wish I could take credit for the photo. I also wish I could say I had been to Salzburg, Austria. Isn't it beautiful there? My Dad and Step-mom were in Austria recently. When I was doing a bit of research, I came across this gem of a picture. It is a public domain picture, so no photo credits were listed.

Perhaps one day I will be there to take a picture of my own. :-)