July 23, 2008

Kudos to the Travel Channel

About 5 years ago, the Travel Channel aired a neat show called, "Top 10 Wonders of the West." Listed at #9 was the Columbia River Gorge. Although it looked beautiful, I was immediately captivated by the footage of the Multnomah Falls. Until then, I had no idea they even existed. I decided that someday I would venture up that way. Well, a few years ago my "someday" became a reality. To say that the falls looked spectacular would be an understatement! They were like nothing I had ever seen before. The beauty, the sound, the mist..... it was so breathtaking. I must admit that the hike to the top was not an easy one, but it was well worth it! The view was amazing. The entire Columbia River Gorge area is beautiful as well. There are a variety of smaller waterfalls to be seen and explored. If you haven't had the opportunity to travel there, you might want to add that to your "someday" list. There are many other memorable places that I visited throughout California and Oregon which I will be sharing from time to time.

I didn't have a digital camera while on my trip, so my photos are in albums. (lucky for you) These pictures showing the Columbia River and Multnomah Falls are from the Internet. I just wanted to give you a tiny glimpse of what I saw. Obviously, these pictures don't do this area much justice. I do however have these wonderful albums..... oh sorry. :-)

No comments: