May 7, 2009

Warmth and Love



I was a teen the last time I embroidered. It was very vogue back then. I stitched between macrame projects. Okay..... I realize It has been awhile since macrame plant hangers were all the rage. ;-)

I was immediately drawn to the cappuccino and goodies transfer. I decided to add rick rack because it has such a happy, nostalgic feel to it. I think it makes the hankie look complete.

I had fun with the sunny little face. I added iridescent beads around each of the rays. They probably don't show up too well here, but they look nice up close.

My wonderful grandpa gave me the nickname Sunshine when I was a teen. He called me that until he passed on. I lovingly dedicate "Sunshine in June" to him, in honor of his birth month.

My sweet grandma turns 93 next week (Hooray!) She was recently watching me stitch and asked what I was working on. I told her that I wasn't quite sure yet. I said that I embroider to keep myself out of mischief. She immediately laughed and called me a little chipmunk. Let's see.... TerBear, Sunshine, and now Little Chipmunk. Good thing I don't have to fit all that on my driver's license! Speaking of nicknames, I have a first grade student who calls me Ms. Iguana instead of Ms. Fonbuena. It sounds so cute, I don't have the heart to correct him. ;-)

Smiles and Blessings,
Bopee's Sunshine / Mammo's Little Chipmunk

2 comments:

Lynn Cohen said...

The top one makes me want a cookie
and I CAN see the sparkling jewels on the sunshine one.

I had a brief boyfriend (1960) from Berkeley to New York/car ride cross country with 4 of us...who called me Sunshine! ;-)
Sweet memories.

I'm going to the Whole Earth faire on Saturday Morning. Nice if we could meet somewhere there...at Terry Busse's booth perhaps EO7 I think? Wouldn't that be fun? Ill be with another woman friend.

Have a good weekend Ms. Iguana!

Diane Folks said...

These turned out great! The rick rack is the perfect touch. OK, I need to get off the computer and finish my "bad girls" embroidery.